COVID-19 updated news
Regular updates on COVID-19. Please follow and keep informed.
On 04 March 2021
Total confirmed case : 3000 (460 from abroad; 2557 local transmition)
New case: 44
Recoveries : 2385
Vaccinated number : 9531
- 150,000 doses of vaccine have arrived from India, February 22 /the first vaccination will start from February 22/
- 300,000 doses of vaccine have arrived from the People’s Republic of China, February 23
- The first doses of 10,000 vaccines have arrived from Russia.
Providing our members with the latest information and advice to stay safe overseas. Please click the picture to find out more.
Recent News Updates:
At the regular press briefing of the Ministry of Health today on March 4, it was reported that 44 new cases of COVID-19 – 42 in Ulaanbaatar city and two in Zavkhan aimag – were detected after performing 19,507 tests nationwide in the last 24 hours. 42 of the 44 new cases have been close contacts of previously-confirmed cases and the sources of two cases are under investigation.
As of today the total number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 3,076, of which 2,557 are local cases. In the last 24 hours, no new imported cases were recorded and 55 people made recovery from the disease
At today’s COVID-19 press briefing organized by the Ministry of Health, O.Dashpagma, Director of the Vaccination Department of the National Center for Communicable Diseases reported that since February 23, when the vaccination drive kicked off in Mongolia, a total of 9,531 people have received their first dose of AztraZeneca vaccine against coronavirus until today.
Up to 1,700 people are being vaccinated each day and a person will spend around 30-40 minutes at a vaccination center from having a medical examination before receiving a shot to being monitored for adverse reactions afterwards.
In the first phase of the vaccination campaign, priority for the immunization is given to 14,092 frontline healthcare workers from 16 organizations who are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The vaccination is taking place at 22 locations set up at district clinics in Ulaanbaatar city.
Last week, Mongolia received 150,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines from India and 300,000 doses of the Sinopharm vaccine from China.
- https://covid19.mohs.mn/ – “Ministry of Health Mongolia”
- https://montsame.mn/en/ – “Mongolian News Agency”
- https://www.nccd.gov.mn/ – “National Center for Communicable Diseases in Mongolia”
- https://zasag.mn/ – “Government of Mongolia”
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 – ‘World Health Organization”