COVID-19 updated news
Regular updates on COVID-19. Please follow and keep informed.
On 14 May 2021
Total confirmed case : 47,548
New case: 515
Recoveries : 38,330
Providing our members with the latest information and advice to stay safe overseas. Please click the picture to find out more.
Recent News Updates:
The strict lockdown (Red Level of heightened state of emergency readiness) imposed nationwide on April 10 was lifted this morning with the country moving into the Orange Level starting today.
The following activities and services in 18 categories will remain fully or partially restricted under the Orange Level:
- Protests, demonstrations, and competitions;
- Trips and wedding and other receptions;
- Night clubs and karaoke clubs;
- Food production and service businesses including restaurants and cafes are allowed to offer takeout and delivery services only;
- Gaming centers and arcades;
- No classes with more than 10 students are allowed;
- Cultural and arts activities;
- Entertainment venues are allowed to use 30 percent of their seating capacity;
- Spas and fitness clubs;
- Saunas and pools are allowed to work at 30 percent capacity;
- Hotels, guest houses, and resorts;
- Places of worship;
- Sports activities except Olympic training;
- Playgrounds and basketball and football fields;
- Dance studios;
A message notification was sent out today from the Ministry of Health about a COVID-19 risk system developed by Apple&Google and adapted to Mongolian conditions, which is ready for use. Known as the best as of today, the system is widely used throughout the world for identifying people who have been infected by the virus.
Only by turning on your Bluetooth, you can receive information that if anyone who has been near you had been infected by the virus, and also it will not collect any private data of users except date, time, duration of the exposure, and Bluetooth signal strength.
How does it work:
1. Everyone who turns on and configures Bluetooth registers each other and exchanges security codes when they are 2 meters away from each other.
2. If a citizen is tested as a“Positive”, he/she will register for the program using the code sent by SMS from Google. Only when citizens’ phones exchange confidential codes and then have close contact, they will receive a Notification as a “Close Contact”.
3. The person who received the notification fills out a short questionnaire on his/her mobile phone and decides for himself/herself whether to isolate or go to a medical institution.
It is the best solution that allows citizens to protect themselves and others from the potential risk during these unprecedented times.
Please meet the instructions on how to activate this system.
- https://covid19.mohs.mn/ – “Ministry of Health Mongolia”
- https://montsame.mn/en/ – “Mongolian News Agency”
- https://www.nccd.gov.mn/ – “National Center for Communicable Diseases in Mongolia”
- https://zasag.mn/ – “Government of Mongolia”
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 – ‘World Health Organization”