AustCham Mongolia’s Board of Directors 2021
AustCham Mongolia successfully held its first virtual Annual General Meeting on Thursday, March 25th, 2021 and would like to thank all the members and speakers that joined our virtual AGM.
Although, due to COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, the AGM was conducted online, it was a pleasure to see our members and hear from our Patron, the Australian Ambassador to Mongolia, H.E. Mr Dave Vosen.
During the virtual meeting, the Chamber’s previous Executive Committee shared an overview of AustCham Mongolia’s challenges and growths in the past year.
Although we have paused our signature networking events since November last year, our achievements include increased online webinars and digital engagements with our members, as well as, potential engagements between our members and Government / Ministries.
The Treasurer has also reported the Chamber’s funds from membership, sponsorship, and financial status, and as a result, 2020 was stable for the Chamber.
We would like to appreciate our previous sponsors and all members that have made our stability and growth possible, as well as our 2020 Board of Directors and the hardworking Management team who have worked to implement the Chamber’s daily operations and sustainability.
Following AustCham Mongolia’s first post-AGM Board Meeting last week, we are pleased to announce the Chamber’s recently elected Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer for 2021:
Julien Lawrence, Director & Principal of O2 Mining and Engineering Services, as the Chairperson
Nomingerel Enkhbold, HR Business Partner of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, as the Vice-Chairperson
Tsendmaa Choijamts, Tax Executive Director of PwC Mongolia, as the Treasurer
It is also our pleasure to officially announce and welcome our newly elected Board of Directors for 2021.
* Batmandakh Bayarbat – Senior Associate at Minter Ellison LLP
* Chris Aitchison – Project Director, Underground at Oyu Tolgoi LLC* Chris Melville – Managing Partner at Melville Erdenedalai (M&E) LLP
* David Reiner – Executive Director of MSM Group LLC
* Derrick Hansen – General Manager Procurement at Oyu Tolgoi LLC
* Enkhtuvshin Lunden – Program Manager of Australia Awards Mongolia
* Michael O’Malley – Founding Director Infrastructure Services Group (ISG IoT LLC)
* Wayne Thomson – Project Support Manager at Worley Engineering LLC
We look forward to working with the newly elected Executive Team and the rest of our 2021 Board of Directors in bringing Australian and Mongolian businesses together.
Australian Chamber of Commerce Mongolia